Subject: re: shareware billiards
From: Branko Collin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 11:51:02 MET

>Is here anybody else in this list but me, who have tried shareware
>programming ?
>I tried it (as many of you may know) with Billiard Games, with
>no success at all. Couple of people send me mail that it's good,
>some said it wasn't working at all on his machine, but _nobody_
>registered.
>I know I made at least two errors:
>-codeword system is no good
>-I should have called it version 1.0, instead of 0.9
...
>Mikko

If you want to be sure that ppl will register, promise them something
in return. More levels, or extra software. I know that even the best
shareware authors are having troubles getting their users to
register. Look at the way Llamasoft do it. They send you an extra
game if you pay them BP5 for one of their shareware projects. As I
understand it works well for them.

.......................................................................
.       Branko Collin                . 'Nonsense is the opposite      .
.       [email-masked]  .  of sense and should           .
.   //  [email-masked]      .  therefor be taken serious-    .
. \X/   [email-masked] (work)    .  ly.' - I                      .
.......................................................................